Sunday, April 2, 2017

Do I Exist?

Do I Exist?
I have my earplugs in tight and I'm leaving them in until I can find a more peaceful place to live. My room is noisy and when I put in my earplugs I end up listening to a train of voices in my head that tell me things like 'he erased your face!' Who is he? Why did he erase my face? Is he allowed to mar my music videos like that? You see, I can't search the web very well from here since I have no views or comments on my pages to work with. That's why I'm asking you about it. And I was thinking of how a song post of mine might gather several comments from appreciative women outside my region but the only comment that is visible to me would be from an old work mate or band mate. Then when I answer the comment, assholes might say I'm ignoring the women in favor of men and falsely accuse me of being gay. Did that happen?

For a guy whose work sent so many superstars to jail and prison, big stars like Madonna, for instance, I get the sense that I don't exist here. How much money did those stars pay to achieve this effect? I swear they've turned every square foot of my living space into Hell on Earth for me when I'm innocent. All this time I have to struggle against them when I should be on a stage with my popular music. I hope it sends their rotten business to the poor house.

I am dissatisfied with how the justice is being handled around my copyrights. The business gets to punish stars for violating contracts and YouTube gets to punish people who violate their terms with my work but I don't get to punish anyone when I'm the principle victim of the crime. But does the music label like the way the media makes everyone think their contracts are bullshit? Because when they fail to point out the gravity of that contract clause about ownership, it opens the door for every cocksucker on the planet to rip me off and sign a contract for my work. Does the business want that?

When I walk down Pender Street I sometimes find myself yelling out that I don't exist. It's like I don't exist because I'm not on TV. That's how I'm being treated. I guess that's what the TV thinks of you, too.

I'm looking forward to making a video series about stores that love stars more than customers, like Safeway, No Frills, London Drugs, and TnT. I was a regular Safeway shopper for all my years on Commercial Drive but whenever I go in there now, they insult me with Madonna music deliberately. They care about Madonna more than they care about me. The last time I was in No Frills, they played Madonna followed by Coldplay. That was no coincidence. Here are the grocers who tell you to fuck advertising and they're taking sides with a glamorous star against her plain victim. It shows you how full of shit they are. They probably lower their prices in some far more dishonest way than merely skimping on package design and plastic bags. The last time I was in London Drugs for earplugs it wasn't in time to spare my ears from the assault of Rolling Stones music. Did Mick Jagger shop in their store for twenty years and tell everyone what great deals they offered? No, but they still love him more than their customer. And I just know that if I stood outside the TnT with my video camera and said that I was about to have to be insulted while I gave my money to these jerks, I guarantee you it would happen within five seconds of entering their store. Maybe someone should blast it off the face of the earth.

How's Blue Rodeo? They suck without my music, don't they? They're just another Crystalids that stayed on the radio and that the broadcasters wanted to make fools out of us with. Oh, I won't hold my breath waiting for any gratitude. Did my music give you pleasure coming from them for the last ten years on the radio? I won't hold my breath waiting for any gratitude for my songwriting efforts.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2017. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment